5 edition of Bristol Aeroplane Company found in the catalog.
|LC Classifications||March 1, 1996|
|The Physical Object|
|Pagination||xvi, 66 p. :|
|Number of Pages||81|
nodata File Size: 2MB.
1944 A helicopter division is formed under Raoul Hafner Later moved to Weston-super-Mare. Le Rhone, the 275 hp. One such substance was Glassfibre Reinforced Plastic GRPotherwise known as Fibreglass, which was produced for several uses.whose engines were recognized as the official standard in use by the British Government.
They had a cruise power rating of 1,640 horsepower at 22,000 feet 6,706 meters ; maximum continuous power and maximum climb power rating of Bristol Aeroplane Company horsepower at 5,000 feet 1,524 meters ; and 2,500 horsepower for takeoff.
There was huge disappointment around Filton over the cancellation although this was to be partially offset by Bristol Aeroplane Company having also won the competition for the Category III sector of the Brabazon Report, calling for a 48-seat medium range aircraft.
IIA was armed with two synchronized Vickers. Indeed, although Godfrey Auty reported that the Bristol 188 transitioned smoothly from subsonic to supersonic flight, the Gyron Junior engines were prone to surging beyond that speed, causing the aircraft to pitch and yaw. Range is at least 60 miles and speed over Mach 2.
Chief Test Pilot Arthur J. Bristol formed a holding company which held a 20 per cent share of BAC, while English Electric and Vickers held 40 per cent each. Other post-war projects includedwhich used pre-war designs as the basis for the. At the outbreak of World War I Bristol responded with the popular Bristol Scout and a second factory premises was set up at Brislington, Bristol.
The Helicopter Division started out at the main Bristol Aeroplane Company site in Filton, but from 1955 it was moved to the Oldmixon factory inwhich had built Blenheims during the War. In 1958 the Bristol Aeroplane Company and the Aerojet General Corporation of the United States made a commercial agreement for Bristol Aeroplane Company common exploitation of each other's techniques for making solid propellants and rocket motors.
The Canadian unit was acquired by and sold in 1997 to current owner. Note the Land Rover in the left of the picture.
Aviation service at the outbreak of the war was largely in the experimental stage, with the Germans having rather the better of it.
It was and still is the only all UK satellite and launch vehicle combination.
The problems exhibited by the prototype meant that it never received a full Certificate of Airworthiness and the whole project was abandoned.